Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Why did you KISS me?!

probably one of the most darling vids out there right now. boys will be boys!

yay for seven peaks today! i went with my 3 favorite people. my baby sister, rashad frank nijim, and landon macray winn. weeeeeeeee! it was super fun, but i got sunburnt :( i hate having such fair skin!

after seven peaks we all went to eat at costco. delish! and i had institute at 7 but i wasnt sure if i was gonna go because i would not have had enough time to shower and get ready without being late. but something told me that i HAD to go tonight. i just couldnt miss it. i washed my face real quick, curled my air-dried chlorine-filled hair, and threw on my fave cheetah fedora hat and was off! my baby sister joined me,. that was fun & special :)

there was a definite reason i felt like i couldnt miss class tonight. the lesson was amazing. the Spirit was so strong, and i got an answer finally that i've been praying for within the lesson. the first part talked about disciples of Christ and that attributes associated. the ones that stuck out to me were: 1) learning of Him and His life and following His ways, 2) service, and 3) disciplined. the second part of the lesson talked about getting to truly know Christ. i learned that we can truly get to know Him when we are diligent in doing so. we learn of the gospel and His teachings little by little and at times when those specific lessons are meant to be learned and appreciated. i learned that i can come to know and love my Savior by doing the basics everyday whether it be big or small. whether i read a verse of my scriptures, or a chapter, it all counts. like the scriptures say, "by small and simple things, great things come to pass". that verse couldnt be anymore true. i want to come to know my Savior conhacer, not saber. ;)

today was especially special spending the day with my little sister. even though, she's not so little. homegirl is 16 years old and how surreal it is seeing her drive all on her own, especially in utah! i mean, this girl comes & picks ME up for stuff. i'm loving it. my little sister has always been the peacemaker in our family and thats something i really admire about her. though she can't be pushed around, she will bend over backwards to do things for other people. i love that about her also. she's a strong-willed young lady and i'm hoping the more i hang out with her, the more her strength will rub off on me. Bri has a smile & laugh that lights up any room and a personality that makes those around her happy and comfortable. i love you weez. thanks for being such a good example to me and our family.

in closing, i just want to mention a certain somebody. we've talked on the phone just about every night and text here & there throughout the day. anyways, this kid is a sweetheart. down to earth, smart, worthy, and super cute. our conversations follow me throughout the day because of how uplifting and exciting they are. im looking forward to where this one goes.


here's a video that i absolutely looooooove... it will touch you, i promise.

xoxox, brooke

1 comment:

  1. brooke! I discovered your blog and I LOVE IT! You are so cute and have the best taste and say the most eloquent things. Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Followers